Flower wreaths in the shape of hearts have always been the symbollic gift choice for Valentine’s Day. Take these ideas for your Valentine’s Day decorating! We have found some pictures to share to you. Hopefully these pictures can inspire you to find or make something nice for you valentine this year!
What you’ll need:
- 9″ dinner plate or paper plate
- Recycled cereal box or other thin cardboard
- Heart pattern
- Construction paper: pink, purple, red, and blue
- Markers, crayons or paint pens
- Glue sticks
- Yarn for hanger (optional)
How to make it:
- Trace around the 9″ plate onto the cardboard.
- Use your pen or pencil to draw another circle inside that one, about an inch away from the outside circle.
- Cut out the circle and the center of the circle to create a cardboard wreath base.
- Fold a piece of scrap paper in half. Using the heart pattern line up the fold line of the scrap paper with the dotted line of the pattern. Cut out the shape so that when you open it, you have a heart shape.
- Fold the short end of a piece of construction paper up about 3 inches. Place the folded heart around the folded paper and trace the half heart shape into the paper. You should be able to fit three hearts on the paper. Repeat this step for each colored piece of paper; you will have a total of 12 hearts.
- Cut out all the hearts and flatten out the creases so that the hearts lay flat. Using markers, crayons, or paint pens, you can choose to write conversation candy phrases on the hearts such as “LOVE”, “HUBBA HUBBA”, “SWEET”, “LOVE”, “BE MINE”, “KISS” and “PAL”, or leave it the way it is!
- Arrange your hearts on top of the cardboard wreath shape without gluing them down. Once you have them where you want them, use the glue stick to attach each one.
- You can hang the wreath as is or attach a piece of looped yarn to the back as a hanger.